Thursday, April 27, 2017

Nauvoo Field Trip Reflection

My favorite part of the field trip was the blacksmith shop because it was really fun and he told us a few stories and he was really funny and he gave us a diamond of the prairie ring.
The story of the diamond of the prairie is that a boy fell in love with a girl an he asked  her to marry him and the girl said my dad the only man who can marry me is a guy who had a diamond ring, so the guy went to his dad told him about it then the dad said go to the black smith he's smart, so he went to the blacksmith told him the story then he took a nail, and made a curved ring with a diamond look, so then he went to the girl, asked her to marry her and the father said any one who is that smart can marry my daughter.

Image result for diamond of the prairie ring picture
diamond of the prairie ring.
something i learned about what the pioneers did in the 1840's is that they made anything there own stuff, or bartered for it, or they bought the stuff to make it in bulk then made it, because today whenever we want something we just go to the store and buy it.
The Mormons moved because the different religions and they where fighting so they had to flee because they didn't want o start a civil war.
I would like to study the brick making because its really cool and interesting.






2 comments:

  1. I really like how you give a lot of detail when you explain the story of the diamond of the prairie ring. I think that the brick making is super interesting as well. What exact part of brick making would you want to learn more about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to learn more about the molding process and the heating process.

      Delete

Words of wisdom.

I learned that is really important to care about other people. It also taught me that no matter how much you fall, you can always get bac...